Atlanta, GA | Boulder, CO | Minneapolis, MN | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA
Vice President of Technical Services
PE, CBCP, LEED AP BD+C
Based in San Francisco, Nick Kassanis is the project manager for company Commissioning, Retro-Commissioning and ASHRAE Level I & II Energy Audit projects. He also manages the engineering scope of company LEED projects and online applications (EAp1, IEQp1, and more). Nick performs ENERGY STAR verifications as one of the licensed Professional Engineers on staff. He also heads the Energy Modeling department having modeled over 7.5 million square feet of office, laboratory, university, hospital, school, mixed-use and warehouse projects. Nick specializes in the integrated design process for new construction projects and in-depth retro-commissioning investigations to promote energy efficiency and building operating staff training.
Nick has a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology and has the following licenses and certifications:
- Professional Engineer (PE) – Georgia
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
- LEED AP Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
Nick has five years’ experience managing new construction commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy audit and energy modeling projects. He has worked on many building types including office, mixed-use, schools, universities, laboratories, hospitals, warehouses, military facilities, manufacturing facilities, cogeneration plants, and combined cycle power plants.
Nick is a young leader in ASHRAE, and was the youngest member of the board of governors (2012) in the Atlanta Chapter. He was also the Student Activities chair for two years (Lamp of Knowledge and Golden Apple Award recipient), Research Promotion Chair and has gone through the Officer positions of Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President. Nick is currently the President of the ASHRAE Atlanta Chapter, striving to bring together multiple industries and organizations locally and nationwide.
Personal interests include soccer, basketball, and world traveling.
- AEE Member
- ASHRAE Member
- USGBC Member
- Nick was the Captain and MVP of his high school Varsity Soccer and Track and Field teams. He was selected on the All-Star team of the soccer International Schools Sports Tournament (ISST) held in London. He played the entire tournament with a hairline fracture on his right foot and helped his team win the Bronze medal two years in a row in Division I.
- Born and raised in Athens, Greece